1. Define New Cycle Count
(Form Name: INVADCYC Base Tables: MTL_CC_SUBINVENTORIES, MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_CLASSES, MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_HEADERS)
path=COUNTING-CYCLE COUNTING-CYCLE COUNTS
Setup and define new cycle count. Make sure that:
* The correct ABC group is associated with this cycle count (ABC Initialization Zone)
* The correct ABC classes are associated with this cycle count (Click "Classes" button and quick pick the classes)
* The column "Counts Per Year" have been entered for each "Class" on this form also
* "All" Subinventories or a "Specific" Subinventory have been specified
* (This is also done for the ABC compile but if the ABC compile was for all ORG the Cycle Count could be done for only one subinventory within the org if needed)
* If "AutoSchedule" is desired check, the appropriate box and make sure the "Next Date" is filled in.
* Check "Automatic Recounts" box if a recount of items that are out of tolerance is desired.
2. Once Cycle Count defined move to "ABC Initialization" Zone and click toggle bar to select "(Re)Initialize".
This launches the concurrent program INCACI.
(INCACI inserts into MTL_CYCLE-COUNT_CLASSES & MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ITEMS)
(For each initialization it will delete prior records for each item)
3. Check step 2 for full completion. Proceed by clicking on the "Items" Button on this form to view your Cycle Count items.
(If items show on this screen then data should print on Cycle Count Listing report, otherwise report will probably get no data found)
4. Click on special to "Perform Full Cycle Count".
This spawns 3 different requests:
a. Automatic Scheduler--> If auto schedule is check for this Cycle Count (INCACS - Inserts into MTL_CC_SCHEDULE_REQUESTS)
b. Generate Cycle Count Requests (INCACG = Inserts into MTL_CC_SCHED_COUNT_XREFS & MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ENTRIES)
* If an item is to be counted it will exist in the MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ENTRIES table
* If an item is not in this table it will not show on the "Cycle Count Entries" form - INVATCEN
C. Cycle Count Listing Report (INVARCLI) Prints all items to be counted given the date range, org, cycle count, subinventory and recount parameters
(From the "Special" menu on this form all of the Cycle Count reports can be run)
5. Enter Cycle Counts Form
(Form Name: INVATCEN Base Tables: MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ENTRIES)
path= COUNTING-CYCLE COUNTING-CYCLE COUNT ENTRIES
* This form update MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ENTRIES with the count and adjustment quantities.
* The cycle count is quickpicked and then the "Find" button is clicked to bring up all items that need counts entered.
* If adjustments do not need approval then the form will call the following concurrent programs below
* This depends on how you set the "Approval" options when the cycle count was defined.
* The three choises are: ALWAYS, NEVER & OUT OF TOLERANCE.
* When approval is skipped the following programs are called:
INUTPU - Performs material transaction update
INUUOM - Performs UOM conversions
INUACT - Performs cycle count adjustment transactions
* This program inserts into MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP
INCTCW - Transaction worker for Inventory
6. "Count Adjustment Approvals Summary" form - Approve the counts made or recount items
(Form Name: INVAMCAP Base Tables: MTL_CYCLE_COUNT_ENTRIES)
path= COUNTING-CYCLE COUNTING-APPROVAL COUNTS
* This form shows "System Quantity" and "Count Quantity" for the cycle count items.
* Records can either be "Approved", "Rejected", "Recounted" or "Cleared" on this form.
* If "Recount" is chosen then the record is available on the "Enter Cycle Counts" form to have another quantity entered.
* If "Approved" is chosen and the screen is saved then this form will kick off all the same concurrent programs as the "Enter Cycle Counts" form.
SOME CYCLE COUNT FEATURES
I. DEFINE CYCLE COUNTS FORM:
A. Approval Options - User specifies how to handle adjustments to inventory quantities when discrepancies occur:
1. Not Required - Any adjustments are made automatically
2. Required if Outside Tolerance - If count is outside adjust only approve - inside it is done automatically
3. Required for All - No automatic adjustments
B. Tolerances - User specifies what variances of counting they will use:
1. Quantity % - Counted quanty percentage
2. Adjust Value - (clunt-onhand) X item cost
3. HIT/MISS - Uses this to generate Hit Miss Analysis Report - No value and any variances is a miss
C. Auto Recount - Anything outside of tolerances will get resubmitted for counting X number of times. The approval takes over.
II. DEFINING ITEMS:
1. Items must have "Cycle Count Enabled" Flag on
2. "Negative/Positive Adjustment Error" - Adjustment tolerance set in item attributes override any approval options you specify in define cycle count
(eg., might be an item you do not count but weigh, approximation)
B. CYCLE COUNT ITEMS
1. Check Box for "Control Group" items - if this box is checked item will get occurrance every time for counting.
2. Items new to the cycle count can be manually added to avoid recompiling ABC and Re-initializing CYCLE COUNT.
C. NO ITEMS FOR COUNTING: Things to check
1. Do on-hand quantities exist?
- If not, then check if "count zero quantity" is checked on cycle count definition form?
2. Have you initialized or re-initialized the cycle count yet?
3. How many items in sub-inventory or organization they are trying to count?
4. What is "Counts per year" set for the Cycle Count Classes