1. Do any Web ADI components need to be installed on the desktop?
Answer: No. You need only a Web browser supported by the E-Business Suite and Microsoft
2. How will new integrators be added?
Answer: New integrators will be added as separate patches. These patches will be shipped with the products related to the integrators.
3. My spreadsheet has only 10 rows for entering data. How can I increase the number of lines so that I can enter more than 10 records?
Answer: Yes, you can increase the number of rows to enter more records.
4. Can I copy my entire Web ADI worksheet to a different workbook?
Answer: You cannot copy an entire worksheet to a different workbook; however, you can copy row and column values from one worksheet to another Web ADI worksheet and then upload the data. Web ADI does not support copying the entire worksheet because Excel copies only the rows and columns. If you copy entire worksheets, the macro code behind the Web ADI worksheet is not copied over to the new sheet
5. What versions of Excel can be used with Web ADI?
Answer: Microsoft Excel 97, 2000, 2002, and 2003, 2007 are currently supported.
6. Why is Excel 97 or greater needed?
Answer: VBA code in Microsoft Excel 97 or greater is capable of receiving OLE commands from the browser.
7. What internet browsers are supported by Web ADI?
Answer: All browsers supported by the E-Business Suite are supported.
8. How does Web ADI utilize the Internet Computing Architecture (ICA)?
Answer: ICA is a three-tiered framework with desktop, middle, and database tiers. For Web
ADI, the desktop tier will make a direct connection to the HTTP server. The business logic is controlled through Java components, which are executed by an appropriate module. The modules connect to the data server as necessary to complete their assigned instructions. Web ADI business logic and properties will be installed on the middle tier.
The Apache listener is required on the middle tier.
9. How does the desktop tier communicate with the middle tier?
Answer: The desktop tier makes a direct connection to the HTTP server on the middle tier. It uses standard Web protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, or SSL.
10. How does the middle tier communicate with the database tier?
Answer: The middle and database tiers communicate via SQL*Net, Net8, or JDBC.
11. Does Web ADI support Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Answer: Yes. Web ADI is SSO capable when used in an E-Business Suite environment. No extra configuration of Web ADI with SSO is required.
12. Why can I not see any Upload Parameters at the time of Uploading data from Spreadsheet?
Answer: System Administrator must have set the value of profile BNE Allow Set Parameters to No.
13. Why can I not see the Upload function in the spreadsheet and cannot upload the data?
Answer: The Reporting checkbox must have checked during the document creation.
14. What are the recommended browsers for Web ADI on the client PC?
Answer: Web ADI supports a Web browser that is supported by E-Business Suite
15. How to deploy integrator from one instance to another instance?
Answer: using FND_LOAD we can deploy integrator from one instance to another instance.
16. What are the elements can be deployed?
è Parameter lists
17. What is ICA?
Answer: Web ADI uses the Internet Computing Architecture (ICA). This means no client side install and great performance over WAN, VPN and even dial up connections.
18. Web ADI Architecture?
Answer: Desktop applications-> Middle tier-> Database tier
19. What are the steps we have to create integrator?
è Create integrator
è Up loader
19. What are the components we have in Web ADI?
è Style Sheet
20. What is use of profile option BNE Allow Set Parameters?
Answer: Valid values are Yes and No. If it is set to No, users will not be able to access the upload parameters window.
21. Where we change the Prompts and LOV?
Answer: in Interface window, we can change the prompt and LOV.
22. Can we add default values to spread sheet?
Answer: Yes, We can add default value to spread sheet
23. What is use of Reporting Only check box in integrator window?
Answer: if we want to download any data from data base that time we need to check this reporting only check box
24. What are the interface types we have in web ADI?
Answer: three types
25. What are the content types in web ADI?
Answer: two types
è None : used to write to SQL query to get data from database
è Text File: used to upload the files
26. What are the pre-defined parameters in upload parameter?
Answer: three parameters
è All Rows and Flagged rows radio buttons
è Validate before upload check box
è Automatically Submit Import
27. Default types?
è Environment Variable
è Profile Option
è SQL Query
28. Validation Types?
è Descriptive Flex fields
è Descriptive Flex fields Context
è Descriptive Flex fields Segment
è Key Flex fields
è Key Flex fields Segment
29. How to set field to be not null or read only?
Answer: in interface attribute definition window, we can set the not null or read only check boxes to change the property of field
30. What are import types in web ADI?
Answer: Three types
è PL/SQL API
è Asynchronous concurrent request
è Synchronous concurrent request