1. What is the report registration steps in apps?
1. We will create the report according to the client requirement
2. We will move the report appropriate custom top.
2. We will create executable and set the executable method as a oracle report.
3. Define a concurrent program and set the executable into the concurrent program.
4. If our report having any parameters first we will create value sets and set the parameters into the concurrent program.
5. Add the concurrent program into the request group
6. The user must have that specific responsibility, go with that responsibility and view request then submit single request.
2. How many types of executable methods in apps? What are they?
A. In oracle 11.5.10 there are 12 types of executable methods:
3. Java stored program
4. Java concurrent program
5. Multi language function
6. Oracle report
7. PL/SQL stored procedure
8. Request stage function
10. SQL * Loader
11. SQL * Plus
12. Perl Concurrent Program
4. How many types of value sets? What are they?
A. Value sets are:
1. None (It accepts value at run time it can’t show lov)
2. Table (It can show lov dynamically from the database table columns)
3. Independent (It can show the lov statically when ever we want to add the lov’s we will add manually)
4. Dependent( This value set depends independent value set when ever we are creating dependent value set before that we need to create independent value set and then we will create dependent value set)
5. Translatable Independent (It is Language specification time and independent value set)
6. Translatable Dependent (It is Language specification time and dependent value set)
7. Special (These special and pair value sets are used to display the flex fields data)
5. What is the Dependent Value set?
A. Dependent value set is a value type of value set. This value set will depend another value set. When we creating dependent value set before that we will create independent value set and then create dependent value set. Because the dependent value set will refer previous parameter value.
6. What is the profile?
A. Profiles are a changeable options it is set of options.
7. What is the use of $flex$?
A. $flex$ is used to refer the previous parameter value.
8. What is the use of $profile$?
A. $profile$ is used to get the profile values like user_id, app_id, resp_app_id, etc.
9. What is the mandatory parameter to register the report in apps?
10. What is the User Exits? What are they?
A. User Exits are 3rd generation language program it is used to pass the control from Concurrent program to reports then perform specific action and return back. They are 5 types.
1. FND SRWINIT
2. FND SRWEXIT
3. FND FLEXSQL
4. FND FLEXIDVAL
5. FND FARMAT_CURRENCY
11. What is the use of FND SRWINIT?
A. SRWINIT is used to get the concurrent request information and then set up the profile option.
12. What is the use of SRWEXIT?
A. This user exit is used to release the memory to other users.
13. What is the FLEXSQL & FLEXIDVAL?
A. This user exists is used to populate the segments and concatenate the segments.
14. What is use of FORMAT_CURRENCY?
A. This user exit is used convert the currency from one currency to another currency.
15. What are the AIM methods?
A. Application Implementation Methods are:
1. Definition phase
2. Operation analysis phase
3. Solution design phase
4. Build phase
5. Transaction phase
6. Production phase
16. What are the user levels of profiles? Which is the highest & lowest priority?
A. 1. Site
User having the highest priority and Site is having lowest priority.
17. What is Multi org structure?
A. Business Group (HRFV_BUSINESS_GROUP)
Set of books (GL_SETS_OF_BOOKS)
Legal entity (HR_LEGAL_ENTITIES)
Operation unit (HR_OPERATING_UNITS)
Inventory organization (MTL_PARAMETERS)
18. What is the Multi Org?
A. By using single installation of an oracle application product it is used to support number of organizations, even if they are using different sets of books.
19. How can you find out our table is multi org or not?
A. SELECT Multi_org_flag from fnd_product_groups Where table_name = <our table name>.
It will show the Y or N, if it is a Y then the table is Multi org else the table is not a Multi org. And ‘_all’ tables all are Multi org tables.
20. How many types of report registration methods?
A. There are two types that are through front end and Back end.
21. What are the mandatory parameters to register the procedure in apps?
A. They are two out parameter and varchar2 data type will require that is errbuff and retcode. Errbuff will return the error message of the latest error code. Retcode is return the status code of the compiler. The status code is displays 0,1,2.
0 is successful
1 is success with warning
2 is error
22. Can we register the plsql function through apps?
A. No we can’t register the function through apps. First we can crate one procedure and then call the function into the procedure then we can register the procedure.
23. What is the request group? And request set?
A. Request group is containing the multiple concurrent programs and it is used to submit the single request at a time. Request set is used to submit a multiple requests at a time.
24. What is the data group?
A. Data group is containing the users and applications and which application is assigned each user.
25. What are the parameters in FND_FORMAT_CURRENCY?
A. 1. Currency code
2. Display width
3. Source column
4. Destination column
26. What is API’S? What are they?
A. API’s is the database packages. That’s are
27. How to run the object through back end?
A. We will submit the object through back end by using FND_REQUEST API.
Application => <application short name>,
Program => <conc prog short name>,
Description => <description>, (not mandatory)
Start_time => <program start time>, (not mandatory)
Sub_request => <sub request name>, (not mandatory)
Argument1 => <parameter1>, (not mandatory) “
Argument100 => <parameter100>, (not mandatory));
28. Which API we will use to define a concurrent program and executable?
A. FND_PROGRAM.DEFINE (parameters),