1. How to Disable a Secondary Ledger Already Created?
Once you disable the conversion of Secondary Ledgers, it immediately prevents the propagation of journals from the Primary Ledger to the Secondary Ledger.
The disabled Secondary Ledger is still available for historical reporting and manual journal entries.
Note: Balance level Secondary Ledgers cannot be disabled. To stop transferring balances from the source representation (Primary Ledger or balance level reporting currency) to the balances level Secondary Ledger, stop running consolidations.
Note: Adjustments only Secondary Ledgers cannot be disabled because journals are not automatically transferred to this Secondary Ledger.
To disable the conversion of Secondary Ledgers:
• Navigate to the Accounting Options page.
• In the Secondary Ledgers region, select the Disable Conversion icon for the Secondary Ledger to be disabled.
Note: Once the conversion of a Secondary Ledger is disabled, the status of the Secondary Ledger is changed to Disabled.
2. Even after a Secondary Ledger is disabled, it still appears in the Accounting Setup Manager (ASM), in a disabled status. Is it possible to remove this from appearing from ASM at all?
No, it is not possible to completely stop this assignment from appearing in Accounting Setup Manager.
3. Can a Secondary Ledger be associated with more than one Primary Ledger?
No, a Secondary Ledger can only be associated with a single Primary Ledger.
4. Can Primary Ledger Be Changed To Secondary and Secondary To Primary After Few Years Of Operations?
Changing ledger types is not recommended.
5. How to delete a Secondary Ledger?
You can only delete Secondary Ledgers before the accounting setup is complete. After the accounting setup is complete, you can disable the conversion of Secondary Ledgers. This prevents any journals that are entered in the Primary Ledger or source representation from being transferred to the Secondary Ledger.
Deleting a Secondary Ledger removes the ledger and all of its setup steps.
To delete Secondary Ledgers:
• Navigate to the Accounting Options page.
• Find the Secondary Ledger to delete and select the Remove Secondary Ledger icon.
6. Can we map a non balancing segment in the primary ledger to a balancing segment in the secondary ledger?
You cannot map a non balancing segment in the primary ledger to a balancing segment in the secondary ledger. If you attempt to do this, the posting program is likely to fail.
7. The posting of a Reversal Journal in Primary Ledger does not create the corresponding Reversal in the Secondary Ledger. Why?
Enhancement Request/Bug 5686912 GL POSTING DIDN’T CREATE a REVERSED MANUAL JOURNAL IN SECONDARY LEGER was logged and it is implemented now.
Issue is fixed in the following files.
For R12.0: forms/US/GLXJEENT.fmb 120.81.12000000.36
For R12.1: forms/US/GLXJEENT.fmb 120.83.12010000.22
8. What is the Naming Convention of R12 Secondary Ledger Journal Batches?
When the posting runs it creates secondary ledger journals and while creating journal batches from primary ledger journal batches it follows below naming convention.
Secondary Ledger batch name = Secondary Ledger Short Name || Primary Ledger Journal Batch name || Primary ledger Journal Batch Id.
9. How to Transfer Historical Balances to a New Journal Level Secondary Ledger?
There is no program provided by Oracle to upgrade historical data for Journal Level Secondary and Reporting ledgers.
The "SLA Secondary/ALC Ledger Historic Upgrade" concurrent program is not for Journal level secondary ledgers. For Journal level secondary ledgers, this program should not be run.
The Secondary ledger balances in General Ledger need to be initialized.
Use the General Ledger Consolidation functionality to initialize the balances in GL for the Journal level secondary ledger.
10. What are the differences in behavior, between a Primary Ledger and a Secondary Ledger?
· Journal Reconciliation will have to be done separately for Secondary Ledger.
· Revaluation has to be done manually for Secondary Ledger.
· You can only enable average balances or average balance consolidation for your secondary ledger if average balances or average balance consolidation is also enabled for its primary ledger.
· By default, journals that use the following journal sources are
not transferred to the journal level secondary ledger:
* Move/Merge Reversal
11. Is it possible to create automated adjustments using Sub ledger accounting?
It is not possible to create automated adjustments using Sub ledger Accounting. An internal bug has been raised with development for correcting this in the documentation.
Tables that can be used to get the Secondary Ledger details:
· GL_LEDGER_CONFIG_DETAILS and GL_LEDGER_RELATIONSHIPS - To find the Secondary Ledgers associated with a Primary Ledger
· GL_JE_INCLUSION_RULES - To find the source and category conversion levels
· GL_DAILY_RATES - To find the source and category conversion levels
· GL_CONS_SEGMENT_MAP - To find the mapping rules