Setup details for the Leave Management and Accrual Plan Setup
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > Total Compensation >Basic > Element Description
1. Define an element Name and Description
2. Select the classification as Earning or Information
3. Select the type as ‘Non Recurring’
4. Select the termination rule ‘Actual Termination, final close or Last Standard process’
5. Select the option Multiple entry,
6. Process in run(optional)
7. Enter the qualification condition if needed
8. Save the Element
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > Total Compensation >Basic > Link
1. Enter the Element name
2. Link to All Payroll (Checked)
3. Costable type (Not Costed)
Creating Lookup’s for Absence Category and Absence Reason
Define the lookup for ABSENCE_CATEGORY and ABSENCE_REASON
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > Other Definitions >Application Utilities Lookups
• Absence Category is a lookup type. Search ABSENCE_CATEGORY lookup type. For adding new absence category, enter:
• Tag (Optional)
• Enabled (checked)
• Absence Reason is a lookup type. Search ABSENCE_RESAON lookup type.
For adding new absence category, enter:
• Tag (Optional)
• Enabled (checked)
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > Total Compensation >Basic > Absence Types
1. Enter the name of the Absence Type (Best Practice same name as the Element defined)
2. Select the Category of the Absence
3. Associate the element that is defined above
4. Select the Input Value
5. Units get selected same as the one which we defined in the element input value
6. Select the Balance either Increasing or Decreasing
7. Select the list of Reason for the LOV and save absence Type
HR Records Absence
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > FastPath > Absence
HR Specialist can enter absence details in Absence screen.
• Following details needs to be entered:
• Absence Type
• Absence Reason
• Absence Start Date
• Absence End Date
• Authorized By
• Save Record
Accrual plans permit eligible employees to accrue PTO (paid time off) each year as they work, to use for vacation or sick leave. Oracle HRMS has no restrictions on the number of plans you can set up, each with its own units of accrued time (hours or days) and its own rules.
The system calculates accruals for all plans on a calendar year basis. That is, on 1 January of each year, accruals for that year begin. Accruals for new hires can begin on their hire date, six months after their hire date, or at the beginning of the next calendar year.
For all plans, participants' payroll periods determine the frequency with which they accrue PTO. Employees on a monthly payroll accrue time each month, employees on semi-monthly payrolls accrue time twice each month, and so on. PTO accrual occurs automatically for each eligible plan participant on the last day of his or her pay period, independently of any payroll run.
For example, if employees on a semi-monthly payroll participate in a vacation PTO plan permitting the accrual of 84 hours per year, they accrue 3.5 hours on the last day of the year's first pay period, say 15 January. They then accrue another 3.5 hours on 31 January, another 3.5 hours on 14 February and so forth.
Because accrual plans use employees' payroll calendars to schedule accruals, the assignment of every employee participating in an accrual plan must include an assignment to a payroll.
DEFAULT for EMP_HIRE_DATE is '31-DEC-4712'(date)
DEFAULT for EMP_TERM_DATE is '31-DEC-4712'(date)
/*Assignment*/ Hire_Date=EMP_HIRE_DATE Term_Date=EMP_TERM_DATE
BOY=to_date('0101'||to_char(calculation_date,'YYYY'),'DDMMYYYY') EOY=to_date('3112'||to_char(calculation_date,'YYYY'),'DDMMYYYY') Actual_Accrual_start_Date=GREATEST(BOY,Hire_Date)
Entitle=12 effective_start_date=actual_accrual_start_date effective_end_date=actual_accrual_end_date Accrual_End_Date=EOY Total_Accrued_PTO=Entitle
Accrual Carryover Formula
DEFAULT for ACP_SERVICE_START_DATE is '31-DEC-4712'(date)
DEFAULT FOR SESSION_DATE IS '31-MAR-1996'(date)
end_date=SESSION_DATE Hire_Date=ACP_SERVICE_START_DATE max_carryover=0
Current_year = To_char(end_date , 'YYYY') cycle_start = '01-01'||current_year
cycle_start_date = to_date(cycle_start,'dd-mm-yyyy')
If (Accrual_Term = 'CURRENT') THEN
max_carryover=5 effective_date=Calculation_Date ED=ADD_YEARS(Calculation_Date,1)
expiry_date=To_Date('3112'|| To_Char(ED,'YYYY'), 'ddmmyyyy') process='Y'
If (Accrual_Term = 'PREVIOUS') THEN
effective_date=To_Date('3112'|| To_Char(ED,'YYYY'), 'ddmmyyyy') expiry_date=To_Date('3112'||To_Char(Calculation_Date,'YYYY'), 'ddmmyyyy') process='Y'
Create Accrual Plan
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > Total Compensation > Basic > Accrual Plans
1. Enter the Accrual Name (Same as the Absence Name)
2. Select the Accrual Category, based on the category that is selected the balance will be displayed in the SOE
3. Select the Accrual start date, based on the date we select the accrual balance will be calculated
4. Accrual Units will be same as the Unit that we selected above in the Absence type
5. Select the Accrual formula provided by the oracle or a custom formula based on the business requirement
6. Select the carryover formula seeded one or the custom one based on the requirement
7. Select the Absence information form the list.
8. Based on the Business requirement select the Balance reset date e.g. if you need to reset the accrual count on Jan 1st, select the option 1 January. We can also build our custom balance if needed
9. Select the Period of ineligibility: Length, units or any custom formula
10. Save the work.
11. This will create 5 elements and also link will be created automatically similar to the Absence element link
12. Enter the accrual Band
13. Optionally you can include Net Calculation Rule in addition to the once which is created during the accrual definition
14. Save the work
Navigation: Global HRMS Manager > People > Enter and Maintain > Assignment > Entries
Following are the elements created automatically once an accrual plan is saved
• Accrual Plan
• Accrual Plan Payroll Balance
• Accrual Plan Carried over
• Accrual Plan Residual
• Accrual Plan Tagging