- What is Concurrent Programming?
Concurrent Processing in Oracle Apps simultaneously executes programs running in the Background with online operations to fully utilize your hardware capacity.
Use Concurrent Programming for
Long Running – Data intensive tasks such as Posting a Journal or generating a report.
- What is the Role of Concurrent Managers?
A Concurrent Manager is a component of concurrent processing that monitors and runs tasks without tying up your computer.
- What is AOL?
Oracle Applications are constructed and maintained using the Application Object Library (AOL).
The Three main areas of AOL are
- Applications Security
- Operating Profile
- Concurrent Processing
- Define Interfaces. What are the different types of Interfaces?
Interfaces are used to integrate external systems and data conversion in Oracle Applications.
These can be used to either transfer data from Oracle Applications to a Flat File or Data from Legacy System to Oracle Applications.
There are two types of Interfaces. Inbound and Outbound Interfaces.
Inbound Interfaces are used to transfer data from external system to Oracle Applications.
Outbound Interfaces are used to transfer data from Oracle Applications to External System.
Open Interface is the interface whose interface logic is provided by Oracle.
Custom Interface is an Interface whose logic is developed by implementation team.
- What are alerts? What are the different types of alerts? Explain.
- Immediately inform you of the database activity as it happens.
- Can Periodically trigger off events as and when required
- Can take predefined actions
- Allow you to define distribution list
- Can keep history of the exceptions and actions taken against them.
There are two types of alerts.
- Event Alerts
- Periodic Alerts
- What is the Flex field? What are the types of Flex field?
- Flex Field is “Flexible Field”
- A Flexfield is made up of Segments.
- Each segment has a name that can be assigned and has set of valid values.
- There are two types of Flex field Key Flex Field and Descriptive Flex Fields.
- What are the tables related to flex field?
- What is AD_DD package?
AD_DD Package is used to register the Table, Columns, and Primary Key in Oracle Applications.
- What are the types of Value sets?
· Translatable Dependent
· Translatable Independent
- What are the Special and Pair Flex Field?
Special – Value Sets uses FlexField itself
Pair – Two Flex Fields together specifies a range of valid values.
- What are the Translatable Dependent and Independent Flex Fields?
Translatable Independent – Input must exist on previously defined set List of
Values. Translated value can be used.
Translatable Dependent means Input is checked against a subset of values
Based on a prior value. Translated value can be used.
- What is FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST?
Submits a Concurrent Request for Processing by a Concurrent Manager.
Arguments – Application,program,description,start_time,sub_request,arg1..
- What is Client Info?
By calling this Program in SQL*PLUS or reports with correct parameters user can achieve concurrent program environment for testing.
- Give the Directory structure in apps?
$APPL_TOP - Product Directory- Version-
- What are the steps in Registering Concurrent Program?
- Go to Programs and Define Executables.
- Go to Programs and Define Concurrent Program
- Go to Responsibility and attach the Request group you want.
- What are the different types of executable available in Concurrent Programming?
- Oracle Reports
- PL/SQL Stored Procedures
- What are Request Sets?
Request set is a collection of Reports/Programs that you group together and can be submitted to run is a single interaction.
- What is Standard Request Submission (SRS Feature)?
SRS provides you with a set of windows for running reports and Programs and a set of windows for creating groups of reports and programs to run together.
- Specify whether reports or programs in a request set run sequentially or simultaneously
- Specify whether to continue with a request set if a report or program in a sequential set fails
- View a log file
- Specify alternative requests based on completion status of previously run requests in a request set.
- What are the different API’s for Concurrent Programming?
- What are the Different PLL’s Used in Forms?
- What are the Steps in Forms Customization?
- Define the Form Name in FORM Screen
- Define Form Functions
- Attach to Menu/Attach to Request group
- What are the triggers that can be modified during Forms Customization?
- What are the triggers that cannot be modified during Forms Customization?
- What are the FlexField Qualifiers?
A Flex field qualifier identifies a particular segment of a key flex field.
- What are the Segment Qualifiers?
A Segment Qualifier identifies a particular type of value in a single segment of a key flex field.
- What is a Dynamic Insertion?
Dynamic Insertion is the insertion of new valid combination into a Key Flexfields Combinations Table from a form other than the combinations form.
All Validation rules still will apply during insertion.
- What are the different Level of Profiles?
User Profiles are used
- To set options that affect your applications behavior o your preference.
- A Collection of changeable options that affect the way your applications run
- Modify Product Specific variables
- Gives Control over certain Oracle Applications features.
· Site Level
· Application Level
· Responsibility Level
· User Level
Site Level is the lowest level.
- Explain Multi-Organization Structure?
Set of book
A financial reporting entity that uses a particular chart of accounts, functional currency and accounting calendar.
This is highest level in the Organization Structure. The Business group secures HR Information. Multiple set of books can share same business group.
A legal company for which you prepare fiscal or tax reports.
Represents an accounting entity for which you prepare financial statements.
This is the segment in Accounting Flexfield.
An Organization that Uses Oracle Cash Management, Order Management and shipping Execution, Oracle Payables, Oracle Purchasing, Oracle receivables.
It may be a Sales office division or a department. An Operating Unit is associated with legal entity.
An Organization for which you track Inventory transactions and balances and/or an Organization that manufactures or distributes products.
HR Organization represents the basic work structure of any enterprise. They usually represent Functional Management or reporting groups that exists within a business group.
- How can u see Multi-Organization is enabled or not from SQL Prompt?
SELECT MULTI_ORG_FLAG FROM fnd_product_groups;
- What are the two mandatory parameters required for PL/SQL stored Procedure Concurrent Program?
Errbuf and retcode two OUT Parameters are required while defining PL/SQL stored Procedure Concurrent Program.
Errbuf Returns any error messageand retcode returns completion status.
Retcode returns 0 for success, 1 for warnings and 2 for error.