Following steps should be completed in order to register your Barcode font to be viewed when report is run from Application.
1) From XML Publisher responsibility, create a font file in XML administration.
Navigation: XML Publisher Administrator -- Administration -- Font FilesCreate Font File
2) Create a font mapping set. Navigation: XML Publisher Administrator -- Administration -- Font Mapping
3) In the template screen , edit configuration -- FO Processing -- Font Mapping Set , provided the corresponding font mapping set
4) The last important step is to always use Territory column while defining Template. E.g. United States.
Now when report is generated from application, barcode font should be viewed.
1) Copy Barcode font in C:\Windows\Fonts directory.
2) Copy xdo.cfg in C:\Program Files\Oracle\XML Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\config directory. The sample file is already available when BI Publisher desktop is installed.
3) Right click the font file and go to properties. Copy the .ttf file name. Double click the font file to get the family name.
4) Open the xdo.cfg file and paste as follows (My filename is FRE3OF9X.ttf and font family is Free 3 of 9 Extended)
[font family="Free 3 of 9 Extended" style="normal" weight="normal"]
[truetype path="C:\Windows\fonts\FRE3OF9X.ttf" /]
Note: replace brackets([ & ]) with angle brackets as was unable to paste due to HTML restriction in comments. There should be sample already available in the xdo.cfg file.